Crafty Blogs

Monday 8 March 2010

My First Awards

 
I recently received my first 2 blog awards, in one week - the Kreativ Blogger Award from Plan B, and the Sunshine Award  from JoolzKay.  I have often thought that my blog here is not ideally suited for awards, because lots of them require you to be able to blog about anything and everything, whereas this one has a specific theme.   Anyway, for the Kreativ Blogger award you are required to list 7 things which you haven't told your readers before, so I thought I would use Plan B's excellent idea of giving my list a creative theme to fit in better with this blog, so here goes:
  1. I also have another website at Scribble Art where I sell personalised artwork for kids (OK, some of you may already have realised this, but I've never actually written about it - yet!)
  2. I'm about to launch my first collection of Artful Kids items for sale at NotontheHighStreet.
  3. I have a new product for Artful Kids which I am about to launch shortly - watch this space!
  4. I'm currently working on a new idea for some hand-painted T-shirts.  This is something of a learning curve for me, as it entails getting to grips with a whole plethora of new techniques, tools and materials which I'm unfamiliar with.
  5. I'm increasingly getting into digital art - another steep learning curve - but I love the way you can play around to your heart's content, without messing the whole thing up - you can always undo any mistakes.
  6. I am greatly inspired by naive and folk art - I love the emphasis upon the 2 dimensional surface, upon decorative line, simple colours, and its honesty.  I think it has a lot in common with children's artwork, which is perhaps one of the reasons I enjoy that so much.
  7. My first ever career ambition when I was a child was to own my own craft business - I'm still working on it!
The rules of this award are to link to the person who awarded it to you, pass it on to 7 other bloggers, link to their blogs, and let them know about their award by placing a comment on their blog.  I don't want to pass it on to others just for the sake of it, and I have no doubt that some of the people who I want to pass it onto will already have it.  However I feel this misses the point - whether they already have it or not, I have decided to pass it on as I feel fit - on this occasion that is to 4 other bloggers rather than 7, as follows:

Really Rachel
Haptree and Me
Sew Scrumptious
The Madhouse



For the Sunshine Award, you are supposed to pass it on to 12 people who have inspired you with their positive and creative blogging.  Twelve people!! At that rate the pool of available nominees will rapidly become exhausted (and probably has already I think)!  Other than that the rules are pretty much the same as the previous award.  This is an award that I have seen on quite a few other blogs, so again, I shall pass it on as I see fit, though I suspect most of my favoured nominees will already have it.  My list is as follows:

Tattie Weasle
Snaffles Mummy
Older Mums are Fun
Notes from Lapland
Deer Baby

I know this isn't 12 - sorry, once again, this is one rule I'm breaking!

    3 comments: