Crafty Blogs

Sunday 9 May 2010

Competition Prize


The prize for the Artful Kids competition was a piece of styled artwork created from your child's painting or drawing.  The winning entry, complete with photograph, was revealed in the last post, so this time I thought I would display a photo of the styled artwork created from that entry.  The image will be presented on a 30x42cms canvas, and would normally be worth £95.00.  I omitted the stripey pot, because as a 3-dimensional object, it doesn't translate too well onto a 2-dimensional artwork.  It's for this reason that collages are not really suitable for the process.  Also, I considered that it was the flowers which were the really personal and distinctive part of the artwork, so I decided to focus on those.  Obviously the finished canvas won't have the Artful Kids watermark on it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment